Edited by Girish M. GanjyalThe editor, Girish M. Ganjyal, is an assistant professor and Extension Food Processing Specialist at Washington State University. He is also an adjunct assistant professor at University of Nebraska–Lincoln and Kansas State University.
Extrusion Cooking: Cereal Grains Processing, Second Edition, provides a thorough description of extrusion processing. The book addresses basic principles, details various extruder parts and their design principles, and considers raw food materials and their characteristics as they relate to extrusion, their physico-chemical changes in the various raw material components, and the modeling and control of extrusion process, scale aspects, extrusion plant design, food safety in extrusion, new advancements in extrusion, and the future of extrusion.
This comprehensive book serves as a one-volume reference on extrusion processing for food industry professionals, including R&D professionals, plant managers, extruder operators, and technical salespeople, as well as government employees, such as those in the USDA research labs, and university instructors and students.
The editor, Girish M. Ganjyal, is an assistant professor and Extension Food Processing Specialist at Washington State University. He is also an adjunct assistant professor at University of Nebraska–Lincoln and Kansas State University.
Extrusion Cooking: Cereal Grains Processing, Second Edition
1. Basics of Extrusion Processing
2. Engineering Aspects of Extrusion: Extrusion Processing as a Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output System
3. Extruders Screw, Barrel, and Die Assembly General Design Principles and Operation
4. Raw Material Behaviors in Extrusion Processing I
5. Raw Material Behaviors in Extrusion Processing II
6. Transport Phenomena and Material Changes During Extrusion
7. Extrusion Cooking of High-Moisture Protein Foods
8. Extrusion Processing of Cereal Grains
9. Instrumentation for Extrusion Processing
10. Extrusion Cooking Modelling, Control, and Optimization
11. Scaleup, Experimentation, and Data Evaluation
12. Extrusion Plant Design
13. Impacts of Extrusion Processing on Nutritional Components in Cereals and Legumes: Carbohydrates, Proteins, Lipids, Vitamins, and Minerals
14. Bioconversions in Extrusion Cooking
15. Advances in Auxiliary Technologies for Extrusion Processing
16. Extrusion Cooking and Food Safety
17. Future of Extrusion Processing
Publish Date: 2020
Format: 6” x 9” softcover
Publication Weight: 5 lbs
Edited by Girish M. GanjyalExtrusion Cooking: Cereal Grains Processing, Second Edition