Also available in ePub File
Beer consumers these days are much less forgiving with flavor inconsistencies. Their increasingly sophisticated tastes and heightened expectations are constantly challenging breweries to raise the bar on beer quality.
Flavor instability is currently one of the most critical quality issues faced by the brewing industry, and this third book in veteran author Charlie Bamforth’s Practical Guides for Beer Quality Series, is a solution unto itself for ensuring the flavor stability of beer.
In an informal and reader-friendly way, this book guides the reader through the complex nature of beer flavor stability, covering the many factors and issues associated with keeping your beer tasting fresh and consistent. It features…
- Specific advice related to stability, such as staling and skunking
- The factors that impact stability, such as raw materials, process, and packaging
- Explanations behind the smells and tastes of beer that change over time and how to predict the rate at which these changes will occur
- How to minimize flavor stability issues at the outset
- Step-by-step explanations for interpreting and fixing flavor stability problems
- References and links to help readers source methods and equipment that will maximize the shelf life of their beers
The book is ideal for commercial brewers, suppliers to the brewing industry, scientists studying beer aging, home-brewers, beer wholesalers and retailers, and serious lovers of beer.
Dr. Bamforth has been a thought leader in the brewing industry for almost 40 years. As one of the early researchers of flavor stability, he was involved in much of the original research upon which the book draws.
FRESHNESS: Practical Guides for Beer Quality
The Challenge of Flavor Instability
Flavor Changes That Can Occur in Beer
The Underpinning Science of Flavor Change
Evaluating Flavor Change: By Taste and Smell
Analytical Approaches to the Study of Flavor Instability
The Key Disagreement: How Important Is Upstream Oxidation?
Strategies for Minimizing Flavor Change
Light Instability: Skunking
Publish Date: 2017
Format: 8” × 10” softcover
Publication Weight: 1 lbs
By Charles W. Bamforth